Did anyone wonder, like me, what is the difference between Cocktail and Mocktail?..Wiki says that, Cocktail is the mixed fruit juice, which is combined with spirit or alcohol whereas Mocktail is the mixed fruit juice which does not contain alcohol...Term 'Mock' represents 'imitation', so mocktail is the imitation of cocktail...You can make your own mocktail, whatever fruits is available in your refrigerator or pantry...Its simple, blend all the mixed fruits and make juice,that's it...I am sharing a post of watermelon mocktail which is combined with other fruits and made whatever is there in my pantry..The main highlight of this juice is watermelon..As you know, watermelon contains more water , so no need to add additional water..Its a health drink too..You can ignore sugar, as most of the fruits have natural sugar..If you are giving to kids, definitely add sugar, otherwise they won't drink it..You can add additional fruits of your desire..Its tasty and refreshing drink in summer...As Ramadan is approaching, make this mocktail for iftar ( breaking the fast)..Add cold ( refrigerated ) fruits while making this mocktail or refrigerate after making it..Lets go to the recipe.
- Watermelon, cubed - 1 cup ( add more, if needed)
- Orange ( musambi), cubed - half of one orange
- Grapes ( seedless), chopped - 1/4 cup
- Ripe Mango, cubed - 1 small
- Red apple, cubed - half of one large apple
- Sugar - 3 to 4 tbsp ( optional)
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned without adding water thoroughly and pour it in a jug or container..
- No need to strain juice..Never mind, if you blend watermelon along with seeds..
- If you need more juice..Adjust the quantity of watermelon..
- Refrigerate and pour it in a large glass..
- Serve chilled
- Since this juice contains orange, so it is better to drink immediately or few minutes..Don't keep it for so long, as juice may taste bitter.
- You can add any fruits of your desire.
- You can strain the juice if you prefer..