Recipe adapted from here
- Grated Carrot - 2 cups
- Desiccated Coconut - 1 1/2 cups (can use freshly grated coconut too)
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Condensed milk - 1/2 to 3/4 tin
- Rose water - 1 tbsp
- Ghee/Unsalted butter - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Almonds sliced - few for garnishing
- In a heavy non stick pan, heat ghee in a low flame and add grated carrot and saute it till cooked i.e it should change colour and turn soft..It may take about 10 to 12 mins..
- Add condensed milk 1/2 tin at a time and let the carrot cook for a few minutes..
- Then add dessicated coconut, rest of condensed milk, cardamom powder and rose water and saute all together till the mixture is well combined..
- Saute till the liquid evaporates..Be patient at this step..It may take around 5 to 8 mins to evaporate..Can adjust the flame from low to medium..
- Once the mixture forms thick mass, switch off the flame and transfer the mixture into plate to cool for few minutes..
- Grease your hands with ghee..Take out small portion of the mixture and shape it into ball..Continue the step and make it into equal sized balls..You can roll the balls in desiccated coconut as you wish,but I ignored this step..
- Decorate with sliced almonds..Serve hot or cold as your wish..Remaining can be refrigerated..
- Enjoy :)