Today, I am posting a recipe of one of the tasty and delicious pudding, Custard Apple/ Seethapazham pudding...You might be thinking how do I make pudding with this fruit, even though it is difficult to eat t :P...I think most of them might have known that, custard apple pulp contains lots of seeds, when you cut into halves, the pulp is stuck on seeds itself..We have to suck the seeds in order to get pulp..This fruit itself is very tasty,but its difficult to eat as told earlier:P:D..Believe me,it is not difficult to take pulp while making pudding..I will show you with step by photos,which is mentioned in 'method' section..Let's go to the recipe :)
- Milk - 2 1/2 Tea Cups
- Ripe Custard Apples - 2 no.s
- Condensed milk - 200 gm ( 1/2 tea cup)
- Sugar - 3 tbsp ( according to your sweetness)
- Agar agar ( China grass) - 8 gm
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Coarsely powdered Almonds - for garnishing
- Soak the china grass in a half cup of water for 30 mins..
- Cut the custard apples into halves and scoop out the pulp with a spoon..
- Transfer the pulp into mixi grinder and add very little milk about 1 tbsp...
Custard Apple image by google
- Grind into paste by quick pulse, two times..Do not grind too much as seed will also grind along with that,which will not taste good..You can see the seeds that separates from pulp..Transfer the pulp into plate and take out the seeds and throw it...
- In a saucepan, add milk,condensed milk and sugar and mix well thoroughly..Then switch on the flame and heat it in a low flame..No need to wait for bubble to appear..Stir well at interval to avoid burning at bottom..
- In another sauce pan, add china grass along with soaked water and heat at high flame and stir at intervals..Heat till china grass dissolves completely..Off the flame..
- Off the flame of milk mixture and add custard apple puree and mix well...
- Add melted china grass quickly into the sieve and mix thoroughly..
- Taste and add sugar if needed..
- Pour the mixture into the wet pudding dish and allow the mixture to cool completely..
- Cover it with a plastic wrap ..Refrigerate till six hours or overnight till set..
- De mold the pudding into the plate ( this step is optional) and decorate it with powdered almonds.
- Make sure to use a ripe custard apple i.e it should be soft when touch outside,in order to make this pudding..Otherwise pudding will not taste good..
- You can also make this custard apple pulp into milk shake..