Sunday, June 1, 2014

No Bake Mango Cheesecake


I have lots of food photos in my draft pending,those recipes are yet to be posted. One of my friend suggest me to post a recipe of desserts. I noticed that I didn't post any dessert in my blog. I rarely make dessert, reason is that my hubby is not a sweet tooth like me..He is a spicy food lover. Whenever I make dessert, he took only a small piece. I hate to eat most of it myself, as I don't wish to gain more calories. So,I decided to make desserts only when there is guests or when my parents and siblings came for lunch at my house.  I decided to share a post of one of the popular sweet dessert, Cheesecake...Its a heavy dessert which is popular in America,Japan and other countries. Now a days, cheesecake is made in India too. Its a high calorie dessert which consists of eggs, cream cheese and fresh cream, which has biscuit layer as base. Other than plain cheese cake,there are many flavors of cheesecake like  strawberry, chocolate, butterscotch and other seasonal fruits..It may be either two or three layers..Bottom layer is lined with biscuit crust,middle layer contains thick cheese pudding and top most layer is either decorated with syrup or slices of fruits. Cheesecakes can be made either by baked or non-baked (refrigerated) method. It is made either with eggs or egg less too..Now, I am sharing a non baked eggless version of cheesecakes. I used mango flavored cheesecake,as it is a mango season in India and Pakistan..We used to get fresh ripe and juicy mangoes in UAE too,which is truly imported..I used fresh and ripe Indian Alphonso mango which make this cheesecake more tasty.I didn't dare to make cheesecake before, as I am worried about calorie.I came to this recipe when I flipped pages and saw this recipe of popular malayalam magazine, Vanitha...It used condensed milk instead of eggs. In India, instead of cream cheese, paneer ( Cottage cheese) is used.But I used cream cheese in less quantity, as I don't want my cheesecake to be too cheesy as in normal cheesecakes.I used more mangoes than cream cheese as I love mango flavor most...I served this cheese cake as dessert as yesterday's (Friday) lunch..As I said earlier, cheesecake is a high calorie heavy dessert,but never mind if you have a small slice of it..Do prepare this dessert,if you have party or large family gathering..So instead of having it yourself, lets everyone share the calorie :) ..Its my first attempt of making cheesecake..But it turned successful...Its a easy recipe to make and tastes delicious too ..Do make it and impress your family and guests..Lets go to the recipe..

                              Recipe Courtesy: Vanitha magazine





      Ingredients:

        For Base ( Crust):
  • Any biscuits of your choice - 1 1/2 cups ( I use mango cream biscuit)
  • Softened or melted butter - 1/4 cup

         For Cheesecake
  • Ripe Mangoes - 400 gm 
  • Cream cheese / Crumbled Paneer  - 150 gm ( can increase the quantity of your choice)
  • Sweetened Condensed Milk -  400 gm ( 1 tin)
  • Gelatin powder ( Halal) - 2 tbsp
  • Hot water - 1/2 cup
  • Mango Essence - 1/2 tsp ( If you have, I didn't use it)
  • Fresh Cream - 200 gm

     Method:
  • Crumble the biscuits with your hand or grind biscuits coarsely in a grinder..
  • Transfer the grounded biscuits in a bowl, add melted butter and mix well nicely with your hands till all the biscuit crumbs are wet...
  • Line the spring form dish with butter paper or grease all the sides with butter or oil..
  • Transfer the buttered biscuit crumbs in a bowl,level and press all the sides equally with the back of a spoon.
  • Place this spring form pan in a freezer for 10 mins, so that the biscuit crust will harden.

  • Peel the skin and discard the seeds of mangoes and slice it.Reserve few mango slices for garnishing.
  • Dissolve gelatin in half a cup of hot water or double boil it and keep aside. Double boiling means dissolving gelatin in a small pan with half of cup which is placed on a large pan filled with water while heating, this is mainly done so gelatin will not touch at direct heat..



  • In a blender or stand mixer, add sliced mangoes, condensed milk , cream cheese/ crumbled paneer, mango essence ( if using) and dissolved gelatin. Blend thoroughly.
  • Pour this blended mango-cheese mixture in a large bowl.
  • In another bowl, add fresh cream and beat it at high speed till thick peak forms...Add 3 to 4 tbsp of sugar if your cream doesn't contain sugar..Then beat again till sugar dissolves..


  • Pour the cream over the mango-cheese mixture and mix slowly with a spatula or a large spoon in a clockwise direction ..


  • Pour this mango cheesecake mixture on a top of biscuit crust (which we freeze earlier) and refrigerate for about 5 to 6 hours or overnight till set..

  •  Remove the base of spring form tin,you will get nice round cake shape..
  • Top the layer with whipped cream ( I didn't use it) and sliced mango..
  • Cut into triangle shape and serve chilled.



      Notes:
  • You can make plain cheese cake without adding fruits and decorate the top with any jams of your choice..
  • Instead of mango, you can add any seasonal fruits of your choice..
  • Make sure,the fruit used for making cheesecake must be fresh and ripe..
  • If you don't have spring form pan, you can use any shape of dish of your choice..But spring form cake pan is easy way to remove cheesecake and is commonly used for making cheesecake..














No comments:

Post a Comment