Pakora or pakoda is the popular savoury Indian snack.There are many types of pakoras like onion pakora,vegetable pakora and non -veg pakoras too .Today, I am sharing a pakora with a twist, Palak Chicken Pakora or deep fried spinach chicken fritters.I had left over palak ( spinach ) that I made with Palak Dal Gosht earlier..Its a crispy savoury snack..Vegetarian can avoid chicken.I got this recipe from one of the cookery show..Its a tasty snack perfect for tea time...Do make it and impress your family..Lets go to the recipe :)
- Palak, cut into long strip - 1 cup
- Cooked chicken,shredded - 1 cup ( chicken cooked with little turmeric,salt and pepper pdr)
- Ginger,chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies,chopped - 2 no.s
- Onion,chopped - 1
- Curry leaves,chopped - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pdr - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli pdr - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pdr - 1/4 tsp ( optional )
- Asafoeda (kayam podi) - 1/4 tsp
- Rice powder - 2 tbsp ( for crispiness)
- Gram flour ( Besan flour ) - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned above and mix together with little water and make a thick batter. Don't add too much flour and water.
- Take 1 tbsp of batter and deep fry in oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Drain and keep on paper kitchen towel.
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup.