- Fine or roasted semolina ( rava) - 2 cups
- Melted butter - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
- Fat free or full fat condensed milk - 1 tin (400 gm)
- Almond powder - 1/2 cup ( ground almond into coarse pdr)
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Pistachios or any nuts - to garnish
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Saffron - a pinch ( optional)
- Cinnamon - a small pc ( optional)
- Rose water or rose essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C.
- For faster melting of butter,microwave butter for about 30 to 40 secs depending upon your oven.
- In a bowl, mix together semolina,baking powder,salt and almond together with a whisk
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add condensed milk and mix well.
- Add water and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- Pour this batter in a greased baking dish.
- Meanwhile, prepare syrup ( Method given below).
- Bake for about 35 to 37 mins until crust becomes brown in colour,when knife inserted in the center should come clean.
- Take out of the oven and cut into diamond or square shapes as shown in the pic below.
- Pour syrup all over it.Semolina absorbs syrup faster.
- Garnish with pistachios or any nuts of your choice.
- When it cools down, refrigerate and serve cold.
- It tastes better next day.
For preparing syrup
- Boil sugar and water together in a small saucepan as shown in the pic below.
- Mix well and keep it into medium flame.Let it boil for 6 to 7 mins until slightly thickens.
- Add lemon juice and rose water and mix well.
- Off the flame and add a pinch of saffron and cinnamon sticks ( optional)
preparation of basboosa
Sending this to Priya's Versatile Recipe's blog hosted by Rafeeda of 'The big sweet tooth'
Sending this to Vardhini's blog hosted by Rafeeda of 'The big sweet tooth'