Today, I am sharing a easy brownie recipe, Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies..Earlier, I shared the recipe of Peanut Butter - Nutella Brownies.. As I said earlier, Brownies are easy to make and even the beginners can try it..Its ingredients is half the recipe of cakes..Brownies are soft in middle and have crunchy edges...You don't need to keep seperate bowl of mixing dry and wet ingredients, as in cakes..In brownies, all the ingredients are mixed together in one bowl..It does not require electric hand or stand mixer..Only one bowl and wooden spoon/whisk is required for mixing the ingredients of brownie..Main ingredient of most of the brownie is chocolate..It used either melted chocolate or cocoa powder or combination of both...There are different types of brownies, it may be either with Egg or Eggless..Now, I am posting a fudgy type brownie with egg version,with the combination of cocoa pdr and chocolate chunks..Lets move to the recipe with step by step pics..
- Butter - 1/2 cup ( room temperature)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2 no.s ( room temperature)
- Cocoa powder ( unsweetened) - 2/3 cup
- All purpose flour / Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate chunks,roughly chopped - 1/2 cup
- Any nuts of your choice - 1/2 cup ( optional )
- Melt the butter in a saucepan in a very low flame.Off the flame..Or, you can microwave it for few seconds till melted..
- In same pan, add cocoa pdr and mix well with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly till sugar melts..
- Add egg one at a time and mix it well to form smooth batter.
- Add vanilla essence and salt and mix well..
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well without any lumps.
- Scrab the edges well with rubber spatula and mix well. Can add 2 tbsp of milk if the batter is too thick..Batter should be semi thick consistency.
- Finally add roughly chopped chocolate chunks and mix well..
- Pour the batter in a greased dish or place butter paper in a glass or non-stick round or rectangle dish. If you don't have these, pour the batter in round dish...Level the batter equally with a large spoon..Sprinkle nuts on top ( if using)
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 degree celcius..Bake for 30 to 33 mins till done. Don't overbake the brownies,else you will not get fudge texture..
- When it cools down,insert knife at the corner all around for easy taking of brownie ( can cut the crispy edges and ignore it)..Cut into squares and serve it with tea or coffee..
- Make sure you refrigerate chocolate chunks ( roughly chopped chocolate bar), otherwise it will melt..It should be hard chunks..
- You can ignore egg, if you prefer eggless version..adjust more milk till the batter is semi thick consistancy
- Always keep all the ingredients mentioned at room temperature for half to 1 hr before baking..