Breakfast is the most important one in our daily life..It is the one that most of the people avoid or no time to eat when they are in hurry..It makes us active for morning work and boost energy for school going kids and office going spouse..Research shows that breakfast is very important for the working of brain and also good for health too..So do not skip breakfast..If you don't have time to make breakfast,do try to make simple and easy one like sandwiches or you can eat healthy one like cereals mixed with fruit pieces or you can have salad for sandwich too..Today I am sharing a simple breakfast recipe,'masala scrambled eggs'...I believe eggs are there in most of the household pantry..Its more healthy when compared to frozen burgers and sausages.Eggs contain omega 3 and protein which is good for health..Cholesterol patients can avoid egg yolk and make scramble eggs with egg white..Vegans or those who are allergetic to eggs and avoid it, they can make it with chopped vegetables or soya chunks instead of eggs..Do try it, its very simple to make and taste yummy..My hubby gives thumps up for this one..It is his favourite way of eating eggs ..You can sandwich it with bread or roll it with chappati, dosas, kubboos( pita bread ) etc..You can play with the spices of your choice..Can serve it with tea time snack too ..Do try it and impress your spouse and kids :) :)
Masala scrambled eggs
Bread egg sandwich
- Eggs - 2 large
- Chopped Onion - 1
- Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
- Chopped Green Chilli - `1/2 tsp
- Turmeric pdr - 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli pdr - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper pdr - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pdr - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat little oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute till pink
- Add chopped garlic and saute for few sec.
- Add all the powders from ' turmeric pdr' till 'garam masala pdr' and saute till raw smell goes away.
- Add soya sauce and saute for few secs and move the masalas on one side of the pan.
- Break the eggs, add on the other side of the pan and scramble it at high flame. Then mix everything all together.Can add little oil,if it stick on the pan.
- Turn the flame mode to medium, add tomato ketchup and saute.
- Taste and adjust salt and spice according to your preference.
- Sprinkle little garam masala and coriander leaves and saute. Turn off the flame.
- Make Bread sandwich of these by adding small slice of butter on one slice and toast it in sandwich maker or pan fry it.
- Serve warm
- You can add more eggs depending upon the members of the family.
- Vegetarians can replace eggs with chopped vegetables or soya chunks.
- You can play with the spices of your choice.
- Instead of bread,you can roll it with chappati, dosas, kubboos etc.