Today, I am sharing a famous fusion dish,i.e an Indo-Chinese cuisine called 'Chilli Chicken'...Some people may slightly alter the recipe,but the method of preparation is almost same ..Chilli Chicken is a popular dish in restaurant too..They add generous amount of red colour in it, in order to look attractive..But I am against adding red colour,which is not good for health..If you prefer, you can add a pinch of red colour to it..Adding little kashmiri chilli powder,though not spicy, gives red colour to the dish,if you prefer to give red colour..I am going to share the recipe with step by step pictures,which is definitely a hard work,so it might be helpful to beginners..It is definitely my own successful dish..Its very yummy..Excellent combination for fried rice,chapatti,biryani etc..Do make it and impress your family :)
preparation of chilli chicken
- Boneless Chicken(skinless), cubed - 500 gm
- Soya sauce - 1tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Egg white - 1
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1/2 tsp ( optional )
- Corn Flour - 2 tsp
- All purpose flour ( Maida) - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste ( taste and adjust accordingly,as soya sauce contains salt)
- Onion,cubed - 1
- Green Capsicum,cubed - half of one capsicum.
- Chopped Garlic - 4 to 5 tsp
- Spring onion,white ( bulbed part), chopped - 3 to 4 tsp
- Spring onion.green ( stalk), chopped - 5 to 6 tsp
- Green chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1 to 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1/2 tsp ( optional)
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp ( to balance the taste)
- Salt - to taste
- Make a paste of' soya sauce' till 'salt' mentioned in the ingredient, ' To marinade'. Coat this paste in the chicken well and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Heat a fry pan,add oil and shallow fry the marinated chicken in batches till both sides are golden brown. Drain and keep the fried chicken aside.
- In the same pan ( shallow fried chicken pan), add little olive/veg oil, add chopped garlic and chopped spring onion whites and saute for few sec ( don't turn brown).
- Add cubed onion and saute for 1 min at high flame, till its slightly pink in colour.
- Add cubed capsicum and saute for l min at high flame.
- Add half of spring onion greens and saute.
- Add the ingredients from' green chilli' till 'salt' and saute well.
- Add fried chicken pieces and saute well for 3 to 5 mins at high flame, taking care not to get burnt.
- Taste and adjust salt and spices required.
- Can add little water if you prefer gravy. Boil for few seconds.
- Off the flame and garnish with remaining spring onion greens.Serve warm.
- Its an excellent side dish for fried rice,biryani,chappati etc.
- Make sure to make with boneless chicken while making this dish. It tastes better.
- Can add pinch of red colour to the 'marinated chicken' ,if you wish to look attractive.
- Since soya sauce contains salt, its very important to taste and adjust salt if required