Pina Colada' is a Spanish word which comes from the word " Pina'' means Pineapple and "Colada'' means strained..Pina Colada is a alcohol based drink made from strained pineapple, rum, coconut cream,which is blended with ice and decorated with pineapple wedges or cherry..It is said that this drink is first introduced in Puerto Rico, an island near Spain...Source Wikipedia
You might be thinking, am I posting alcoholic drink??..Of course not!!!...I am posting a non-alcoholic version of pina colada named Virgin Pina Colada..Instead of pineapple, you can add any fruits of your choice...Its a tasty and refreshing drink..You can serve this for iftar too..Do make this drink and impress your family..Let us go to the recipe..
- Pineapple,sliced - 8 pieces
- Sugar - 5 to 6 tbsp ( can increase according to your sweetness)
- Coconut Cream - 1 tin ( can substitute it with 1 cup tender coconut pulp and tender coconut water or thick coconut milk)
- Ice cubes - accordingly
- Pineapple wedges/ cherry - for decorating ( optional)
- In a blender or mix, blend all the ingredients mentioned along with ice cubes...
- Strain and pour it in a glass..
- Decorate it with pineapple slice or cherry on top...
- Serve chilled