mango lassi, Tender Coconut-Mango Smoothie and Mango Cheesecake.
Yields: 1 ltr Ice cream
- Fresh Ripe Mangoes - 3 medium ( I use alphonsa mango)
- Milk powder - 3/4 cup ( I used tea cup measurement)
- Milk - 1 cup ( I used tea cup measurement)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup ( I used tea cup measurement)
- Mango Essence/Vanilla essence - 1 tsp (optional)
- Whipping cream - 250 ml
- Peel the skin and discard the seeds of mangoes..Cut into pieces and keep aside.
- In a blender, add mango pieces, milk powder, milk, sugar, mango/vanilla essence ( optional) and blend into smooth paste..
- Keep the bowl and electric beater blades in a freezer for 10 minutes..Then take out and beat the cold whipping cream till stiff peaks forms..
- Add blended mango mixture into the whipped cream and fold it.
- Pour the mixture into a container and cover tightly with a aluminium foil or plastic wrap..You can use any large container with tight lid and keep it in a freezer..
- After 1 hour,take out the ice cream container and beat ice cream again with a electric beater or swirl lightly with a fork..Transfer these into container again,cover tightly and freeze it..
- Again after l hour, beat again and continue the step..Repeat this step three times..It is beaten three times in order to avoid forming of ice crystal..
- Freeze it for 6 hours or overnight...
- Take out the ice cream ,scoop and serve into ice cream bowls..
- Enjoy eating this tasty creamy homemade ice cream..You can serve it with a pinch of saffron and chopped mangoes ( optional)
- Better use fresh ripe mangoes to make this ice cream..Do not use overripe or under ripe mangoes in making ice cream,as it will not taste good.
- If using ice cream machine, no need to beat three times..But,if you are using electric beater or blender,you must beat the ice cream three times,after each l hr to avoid forming of ice cream crystals.
- Always pour the ice cream mixture into container with a tight lid or cover the container tightly with aluminium foil or plastic wrap..Do not keep it in a freezer uncovered as ice crystals will form in top.
- Instead of mango, you can add any seasonal ripe fruits of your choice or you can make it plain without adding any fruits..