Hi..I noticed that I didn't share the recipe of any of the cookies in my blog..Reason is that I rarely make any cookies and my hubby is not a sweet tooth either..Me and my kid is just opposite of him:). I decided to share a recipe of one of the homemade baked cookies, Peanut Butter- Nutella Thumb Print Cookies..As a name suggest,this cookies is definitely a combination of peanut butter and nutella,..Earlier,I shared these combination in the form of brownie,which is mentioned here...The base of this cookie is peanut butter which is filled with a dollop of Nutella in center..Unlike other cookies, it does not contain flour and is baked twice..My son is fond of Nutella,but not peanut butter..I decided to make peanut butter and nutella combination in the form of cookies...Finally, I decided to try this cookies,which is found here..Its name, attractive and mouthwatering looks of cookies tempted me to try this recipe..These cookies not only looks attractive,but tastes very delicious..Its very simple to make ..Do try these cookies and give feedback :)
Recipe Courtesy: here
- Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter - 1 Cup
- Brown/White Sugar - 1 Cup
- Egg beaten - 1 Large
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Nutella - required for filling
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients from 'Peanut butter' till 'Vanilla essence' and mix well with a spatula or a large wooden spoon and make it into a smooth dough..
- Divide the dough into walnut or goose berry shape balls..Do make into large balls, as cookies will enlarge while baking..Press each balls lightly with your palm..
- Keep these balls in a greased baking dish..Make sure to keep 1 inch distance from each cookies as cookies need space to enlarge while baking...
- Bake these cookies for 8 to 10 mins..
- Take the cookie tray from the oven, make a impression ( holes) with a back of half tsp measuring spoon or with your thumb ( make sure not to burn your thumb :P ) in the center of each cookies..
- Drop a small dollop of nutella inside the impression of each cookies..
- Return the cookie try back to the oven and bake for another 2 to 4 mins till golden brown..
- Take out the tray from the oven and set aside to cool..Take out the cookies carefully and place it in a rack to cool completely..Make sure to cool the cookies completely, so it will turn crisp..
- Store it in a airtight container,when it cools completely..
- Have it with a glass of milk, tea or coffee..Enjoy..
- Original recipe said to make it with creamy peanut butter..But I used crunchy peanut butter as I liked to have a bits of peanut..
- Cookies may feel soft when you take out from the oven..Do not worry, it will harden and turn crisp when it cools down completely..