I am sharing the post of dessert once again i.e Toffee Vanilla Pudding...I made this dessert long before but could not post it due to my laziness :( ...This pudding consists of three layers..one layer is butter - biscuit crust, second layer vanilla pudding and third layer caramel or Toffee sauce...This pudding tastes very delicious and I am sure it will finish off quickly :D...This is one of the best pudding I ever made..Every one in my family loved it..Let us go to the recipe :)..
Recipe Courtesy here
- Marie or any other plain biscuits - 10 to 12 pcs
- Melted Butter - 3 tbsp
- Milk - 2 1/2 Cups
- Condensed milk - 200 gm
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch ( to balance sweetness)
- China grass - 8 gm soaked with 1/2 cup water
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Thick cream - 1 tbsp
- Dulce De Leche - 1 tin ( see recipe here )
- Thick cream - 150 gm
- In a bowl crush biscuits coarsely in a grinder..Transfer these into a bowl..
- Add melted butter in a biscuit powder and mix well with a hand till it resembles bread crumb..If the powder is dry, add few tsp of melted butter and mix again till wet..
- Transfer the butter - biscuit crumb mixture in a pudding dish..press and level with a spoon equally on all sides...
- Place this in a freezer for 15 mins till it becomes hard...
- Soak china grass in a half cup of water for 10 to 15 mins..
- In a sauce pan, add milk, sugar, salt and condensed milk and stir together in a low flame till combined..
- Meanwhile in another sauce pan, melt china grass along with soaked water at medium to high flame till it dissolve completely..
- Immediately pour melted china grass through sieve into milk mixture and stir..
- Off the flame and add vanilla essence and mix well..
- When this mixture cool slightly, add thick cream and stir well..
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit crust mixture and let it cool for few minutes..
- Refrigerate the pudding in a freezer for 30 minutes till set..
- Combine dulce de leche and remaining thick cream ( 150 gm) in a bowl and keep aside..
- Pour the toffee sauce on top of vanilla pudding and level all sides with a spoon..
- Decorate the pudding as your choice..I decorate it chocolate sauce and almonds..
- Refrigerate the pudding for 6 hours or overnight till set..
- Cut into squares and enjoy this yummy dessert :)