- Kidney beans ( Canned / Freshly boiled ) - 1 to 11/2 cups
- Finely chopped onion - 1 no.
- Finely chopped tomato - 1 no.
- Finely chopped cucumber - 1 large no.
- Finely chopped mint leaves - 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped parsley leaves - 3 to 4 tbsp ( can use coriander leaves instead)
- Finely chopped mix bell peppers ( capsicum), yellow, orange, green, red - 1 1/4 cups
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 to 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Chat masala - for sprinkling ( optional)
- Salt - according to your taste
- If using fresh kidney beans: soak them in water overnight. Add soaked kidney beans with little water in a pressure cooker and cook it for 5 to 6 whistles till soft..Be careful, beans should not be mashed...Drain the beans and keep aside..
- If using canned kidney beans: Open the can and drain out the water from it..Wash the beans and keep aside..
- Add all the ingredients one by one in a large bowl and toss well..
- Serve immediately..Remaining salad can be refrigerated
- Enjoy this tasty salad..
- Make sure to chop the vegetables and herbs very finely..Do not slice it, as it may not taste good
- If you don't have parsley leaves, add coriander leaves instead..But parsley leaves give nice flavour to this salad..
- Seasonings and vegetables can be adjusted according to your desire and taste..